i was very fortunate to have the entire week off for spring break :) shayne and i did lots of cleaning, relaxing, friend visiting, cooking, and sleeping :) we also got to hang with my fave lil doggie, peanut. here are a few new things i found this week. enjoy :)
Eden Organics = Made in Michigan :) I am trying to kick the coffee habit... Kale Chips
Great heathy and yummy food options In the process I am trying lots of new teas. May not sound good, but
I buy my Eden products at Whole Foods Tazo Thrive=green tea + special extras trust me they are delicious!
Kale Chips Recipe
From Kimberly Wilson (Tranquility du Jour)
1. pick up a big bag of kale + preheat oven to 350.
2. throw 1/3 of it into a pan so the bottom is covered. remove heavy stalks to leave only leaves.
3. toss kale in a few cap fulls of oil.
4. add heaps of yummy seasoning (i use cajun seasoning, montreal steak seasoning -
anything i can get my hands on).
5. put on baking sheet. bake 15 minutes.
6. voila, heaven awaits.
From Colleen Patrick-Goudreau (Color Me Vegan page 117)
Here is my abbrviated form of her recipe:
1 bunch of kale
1-2 tsp olive oil
pinch of salt
1 T nutrional yeast*
1/2 tsp chili powder
preheat oven 350
rinse and cut kale
toss in toppings
lay in a single layer on baking sheet
bake 10-15 minutes or until crisp
* So I had a huge can of nutrional yeast in my cupboard. Had never used it before.
Holy Cow! It was such a wonderful addition to this recipe.
I will have to look for more recipes with nutrional yeast in them.. who would have thought a bit
of fungus would make something so delicious?
Author - Michelle Reckling
- dedicated learner
Worth a Click